Friday, May 31, 2013

Initial Picture Frames

This year I made Initial Picture Frames for my Wonderful Piano Students
They are really easy and cheap to make - can use this idea for...Weddings, Birthdays, Birth Announcements, Graduations,  Craft days for kids etc,.......

You can probably just look at them and see what to do - but if you are new at crafting I listed the steps below, supplies are listed in CAPITALs

1.  Get your WOODEN FRAME (Michaels $1.00 - have a little peg for standing)
2. PAINT, orSTAIN  the back and edges
3.  Apply SCRAPBOOK PAPER to front with MOD PODGE
4.  Sand edges - when dry -  to remove excess paper
5.  STAIN edges of frame if desired (I used a black stamp pad for this step)
6.  Apply a layer of Mod Podge over front and edges of frame
7.  Paint LETTERS to match - letters can be - chip board, balsa wood, or wooden, I saw some  glittered          
     letters at Hobby Lobby - that would be cute!
     (I cut my own letters out of 1/4" birch scraps I had on hand)
8.  GLUE letters to frame - I used glue dots and then stapled from the back

                                                         backs painted .....
                                                        paper added.....
                                                       finished project .....


2 comments:

  1. Very cute. I'm sure your piano students love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so - we will see tomorrow - hope the letters don't fall off!

      Delete