Monday, June 9, 2014

TODDLER ART


I am always amazed at how young children develop artistic abilities, and tastes!
I wish I would have noticed these things when my children were little.
However - it is much easier for me to see the artisit in the child when I am not the one who has to clean it off the walls or carpets while trying to control all the other siblings from wanting to join in the colorful fun!

Well we had a wonderful Birthday Celebration for my Daughter in Law last night and Abby slipped away for a while to my makeup drawer. She was eventually discovered and all was cleaned up - but.....
This morning I discovered some  Toddler art work in my bedroom......
I have a set of  chests in my room with the word Paris painted on them as I walked by this morning I noticed that an "I" had been added with the exact same red color.
the little artist did not sign her name (thank goodness) but  I suppect it was Abby as she was the only one who left last night with this color of nail polish applied to her feet and toes.

What was she thinking?   did she notice the colors matched first, or that there were letters on the chest?  was she signing her name and got interrupted?  was she writing another word? was she adding another fleur dis le motif?


It is partly, ok mostly my fault that she knew where to find my make up and nail polish,
I was watching her the other day, and I asked her if she wanted to help me put on my makeup  oops!
Anyway, miraculously, there is none on the carpert or walls!
I was going to clean the polish off the chest - it would be easy to take off then distress it a little - , but I decided to leave it there, Maybe even  add a little frame on top of my new Toddler Art.


2 comments:

  1. That Abby is a character! She DOES have a great imagination and is very smart (which should mean that she's smart enough to STOP drawing on walls, furniture, herself...) We are working on it!
    Thanks for seeing the beauty in it. I'm glad it didn't get on the floors. I guess even if she's sneaky, she's not super messy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like it was some party... Abby stole the show in more ways than one I heard... on that little artist... what a chatacter...

    ReplyDelete